Autism and ADHD | (5 Things YOU NEED To Know)

Autism and ADHD ⚡️ (5 Things YOU NEED To Know‼️)

Here are 5 VERY interesting 💡 things you need to know about Autism 🧩 and ADHD. This is information I have never shared👀. 

1. It is commonly com morbid ✌🏼to have ASD and ADHD. There are lots of people on the autism spectrum who also have a diagnosis of ADHD, 👩‍⚕️this is very common, and extremely common among males 👦🏻 on the spectrum.
This is very interesting as ADHD and Autism go hand in hand in most diagnosis assessments for people 👥 being diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder. 

2. My ADHD Is impacted by sugars 🍭, and caffeine☕️. 
For me personally my ADHD is massively impacted by the intake of sugar 🍬 and caffeine 🥤, so much so that for the last 10 years I haven’t had caffeine in my diet 🥗. 
I try to stay away from processed sugars and candy as this also impacts my hyperactivity behaviour 🍟🍕. In fact when I have large intakes of sugar I find is very difficult to sleep at night🌃🛌.

3. ASD conflicts with ADHD.
Usually when I want to hyper focus 👀 on an obsessive interest my hyperactivity wants conflicts 🗣with this in an interesting way and want’s me to jump from obsession🧬 to obsession🦠, or topic to topic.
This can be very frustrating as I am wanting to get settled in and focus 🔬on one thing but my brain is having a war ⚔️ with my mind. 

4. ADHD made me super irritable in classrooms.✍🏼
Having ADHD caused me lots off issues in school🏫 like being unable to focus on my work 📚and what the teachers were saying.
It also made me super unhappy because I wanted to learn📉. On top of that my Autism made me really board in classrooms 📖 when I was a kid so this was a difficult combination, and stressful.

  1. ASD is sometimes mis diagnosed for ADD
⚡️ This is largely because of the things like zoning out 🌫, obsessive interest, hyper focus, super smart, super creative 🧠. 


























It is common among younger people to be mis diagnosed with ADD when it is actually Autism 🧩. There is more research into autism conditions now going on so i believe this issue is going to get better 📈.

Comments