How To Tell Your Partner You Are Autistic (3 Top Strategies)

This is how to tell your partner you are autistic! 3 strategic ways to help you explain autism to someone. I am asked a lot of the time, how to I tell someone I am autistic, or who do I tell my parents I have autism etc. This has had me thinking for a while, so I decided I would create a piece of content on this subject to help anyone on the autism spectrum who is struggling with this at the moment. 1.Be Open The first thing I did after my diagnosis (as my partner was present) was to be open and honest with family. Tell them everything you can about the process and about the diagnosis and what it means. This is the same for your partner, be as open as you can be. 2.Answer Questions Be mindful that your partner will want to ask you lots of questions on this subject so prepare yourself for lots of information regarding you autism diagnosis. It can be tedious and repetitive but that is just how it might be for a short while for them to get the full picture. 3.Provide Research One of the things I found most useful when educating anyone including your partner, about an autism diagnosis is to provide them with information on the subject. When I was diagnosed I picked up a bunch of leaflets and hand outs and also a DVD explaining what autism / aspergers was. This was good research that I was able to provide to my family for them to understand it. If you have anything to add to this, please pop it in a comment as I read every one. Also please follow @theaspieworld for more autism content. Video: https://youtu.be/UgUQJb9DRvw?si=RbF21XklCxt52YRE  
https://theaspieworld.com/how-to-tell-your-partner-you-are-autistic-3-top-strategies-2/?feed_id=3371&_unique_id=662d059fdd565

Comments